A swimming pool is a single source of enjoyment for the entire family and tends to become the focal point for all family and friends to get together as well. This, in fact, is a major investment similar to many other things one might spend on like a house or a car. Hence, it is essential one takes good care of it and maintains it properly.
Some of the common tasks for pool maintenance include cleaning it, dealing with clogged baskets, maintaining the correct chemical levels and also servicing all the pool equipment including the filters.
But that’s not all, it often happens that the pool will require minor repair work or a paint job. A point job is highly beneficial especially if done at the start of peak season, summer. This is when we tend to use the pool the most and painting it will also increase the lifespan of the pool. This article provides essential tips for pool painting in Sydney.
Tips for Swimming Pool Painting
It is not uncommon for homeowners to attempt maintenance themselves. However, at times it happens that the pool might also require minor repair jobs as well. It is best to take care of the repair tasks prior to painting it. It is often best to leave it to the professionals, however here are few vital tips:
- It is a good practice to prepare first to ensure a professional look.
- Wash the pool a couple of times especially if it is an old one.
- Fix the cracks or tiles that may have chipped, also ensure to clear the debris prior to beginning painting it.
- It is essential to maintain safety right from the very beginning. Prepare a dedicated mixing area to start with and have all the right equipment as well.
- Research on the types of paint available and how it is to be used prior to starting out.
- On having applied a coat of paint it is necessary to allow the paint to sit for a while.
- Take special care of the corners while painting and ensure the entire surface is covered with a strong coat.
- Ensure there is a gap of at least 5 hours between the two coats of paint. However, it is not a good idea to wait for more than 48 hours.
- On completion of the job it is vital you allow it to dry prior to filling it with water.
How Professionals Can Help
There are several firms offering a reliable and cost-effective swimming pool painting service. Since they have tons of experience, appropriate training and essential skills it is usually best to trust the professionals with the task of painting it. Pool Central is one of the best companies offering a swimming pool painting service. We offer many other services like pool cleaning services in Sydney, pool maintenance and more.
We provide a wide range of pool services for both domestic and commercial swimming pools. The way we work is we first prepare the pool by doing what is necessary including refinishing the surface and ensure there is no repair work necessary.
As one of the best swimming pool painting contractors in Sydney, you can rely on us and stop your search for a good swimming pool shop near me. We offer a professional service; besides which it is also extremely affordable. We go out of our way to ensure we stay within your budget and at the same time provide premium quality pool services. Click here to contact us today.